Visite la página en Español aquí.
What is the Comet Parent Center?
The Comet Parent Center is a community hub where parents can feel at home, have a sense of belonging and be reassured that their ideas, concerns, and opinions are valued and will be addressed in a timely manner. Arturo Fass, our Parent & Community Resource Specialist assures the Hub provides a welcoming environment for growing, learning, and connecting. Throughout the school year the center will offer a variety of workshops and trainings designed to increase your capacity as parents as well as maximize the learning experiences of your students.
The Comet Parent Center at James Lick High School is committed to providing parent, student, and teacher support that leads to greater student learning, stronger families, and successful communities.
- Site/facilities tours
- Information on community services in the area
- Advocacy skills (Workshops)
- Workshops to assist in the development of positive parenting skills
- Workshops to help with homework, understanding content standards, state and local tests, graduation requirements and other school related activities
- Classes for parents to develop basic skills in using computers, school-loop and the world wide web
- Assistance in filling out forms
- Parent advocacy
- Family health & wellness seminars
- Spanish translation
- Community partnerships
- Drop-in availability
- Café con La Directora – Coffee with The Principal – Monthly
Parenting workshops cover many topics including, but not limited to, discipline, homework help, how to improve study skills, positive self-talk and image, School Site Council and School Advisory Council training.
All meetings are hosted in both English and Spanish when necessary.
Children are Welcome!! Let them play & learn in our "Discovery Station" area.
We offer FREE Wi-Fi !! for parents and members to check students progress or research the world wide web!
The Parent Center is located in room 1302, and is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
To contact Marcela Parrilla at Parent Center please call (408) 347-4656